Nursing is the unique function of a professional to assist the sick and the healing towards health, peaceful recovery, or a respectable death. Nursing can be studied either as a general nursing and midwifery course or as a degree in Nursing. Nurses are considered the most dedicated workforces and are responsible for first-hand care of patients.
This is a perennial profession that has jobs all through the year and in different sectors. After completing a degree in Nursing, the professional can work in primary, secondary and tertiary care hospitals, primary health centers, industries, schools, or pursue higher education and research in Nursing.
Scope of employment:
Nursing is the finest profession that fetches immediate jobs for the professionals, sometimes soon after completion of the course. The scope of Nursing is diverse and includes
- Registered nurse and midwife (In I[read more="Click here to Read More" less="Read Less"]CU, Ward, OT, and ER)
- Nursing superintendent
- Community health nurse
- Military nurse
- School health nurse
- Home care nurse
- Industrial nurse
- Nurse educator
- Nurse researcher
Benefits of pursuing the course:
- The demand for nurses ensures job opportunities both in India and Abroad all through the year.
- Nurses enjoy excellent job flexibility.
- There is great career mobility and nurses can work in different health care sectors
- Nurses working in tertiary care units earn pretty well than other professionals.
- There are more than 200 nursing specialties to choose from to work.
Top Government Nursing Colleges in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences- Delhi:
This is the top best government nursing college in India that offers BSc Nursing (Hons), MSc Nursing, and Post Basic BSc Nursing courses and is located at Ansari Nagar, New Delhi. The Tuition fee for the course is very less and the job opportunities upon course completion is tremendous.
2. Armed Forces Medical College:
This College also offers BSc(N), MSc (N), and P.B.B.Sc(N) degrees and is located in Pune, Maharashtra. This is one of the finest colleges to learn the degree and is approved by the NAAC.
3. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh:
This is a leading medical and research institution in Chandigarh that was established in the year 1962. The institute admits students in both B.Sc and M.Sc disciplines after an entrance examination
4. Jawaharlal Institute of postgraduate medical research and Education:
JIPMER is located in Pondicherry and is an excellent tertiary care referral hospital that offers many UG and PG courses in both nursing and medicine in different specialties.
5. Madras Medical College, Chennai
Madras Medical College is the teaching unit of the Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital, and it is located in Chennai. The college offers GNM, BSc (N), and MSc (N) courses and is a women’s only teaching facility.
6. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar:
IT is one of the 7 AIIMS institutions established by the ministry of health and family welfare. The college has a vast library and the best infrastructure to render quality nursing education.
7. Army College of Nursing, Jalandhar:
This college is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of health sciences and the INC, New Delhi. The college offers BSc Nursing adn Post Basic BSc Nursing courses for students with 45% aggregate marks in PCB subjects.
8. National Institute of mental health and neurosciences:
This premier medical institution was established in 1847 in Bengaluru, India. This is a multi-disciplinary institute for patient care and academic pursuit.
9. Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi
It is one of the oldest institutes in Varanasi and offers MBBS, BSc (N), BDS, and MDS courses. This is an institute of national and international reputation with good placement opportunities.
10. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi:
This is one of the best private nursing colleges, located in New Delhi, and is approved by the UGC, NAAC. Apart from medical and nursing courses, the university offers many other courses in various disciplines.
Top Private Nursing colleges in India:
11. CMC, Vellore:
The Christian Medical College, located in Vellore is approved by the UGC and has a NIRF ranking of 3. This private nursing college offers GNM, BSc, MSC, and PB.BSc nursing degrees only for girls.
12. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute:
This is one of the top best colleges for studying BSc and MSc nursing in India and it is located in Chennai. It is accredited by MCI and NAAC and offers more than 136 courses across 9 streams.
13. RajkumariAmrit Kaur College of Nursing:
This is a pioneer institute for nursing education in India that offers both basic and higher education nursing programs. The college was established in the year 1946 and offers B.Sc (Hons) courses.
14. Laxmi Bai Batra College of Nursing:
Batra nursing college is the finest nursing institution that was established in the year 1987. The institute is controlled by the ministry of health and family welfare and is affiliated with the University of Delhi.
15. College of Nursing, Asis heart foundation:
This is a popular college in the state of West Bengal and was established in the year 2005. The college offers B.Sc Nursing and admits 100 students every year.
16. Holy Family Institute of Nursing Education:
This is the premier nursing institutes located in Mumbai, Bandra, and offers GNM, B.Sc Nursing, and Post Basic B.Sc. nursing courses.
17. Apollo College of Nursing:
The Apollo College of Nursing, Hyderabad is one of the best colleges for nursing education and features the finest infrastructure and state-of-the-art nursing education facilities.
18. Cauvery college of nursing, Mysore:
This premier institution for nursing education was established in the year 2003 and is recognized by the KNC and the INC.
19. Omayal Achi College of Nursing:
One of the oldest private nursing colleges in Chennai was established in the year 1976. The college offers world-class education at a highly affordable cost.
20. NIMS University, Jaipur
This university offers a number of courses in law, medical, science, humanities, and commerce disciplines and admits students in the nursing degree on a merit basis.
These top best institutions cater to the growing need of qualified nurses in the country to enhance the quality of medical care and to create a fruitful career for these professionals.